Obviously your vehicle’s brakes are one of the most crucial safety components. Carworks of Longmont is ASE certified and can service and repair all types disk and drum brake systems for cars and light trucks. Most vehicle braking systems are equipped with “wear indicators” that make a loud squeal to inform you that your brake pads are nearly worn out. However, this is not a fail safe indication, as you should really have your brakes inspected every six months to make sure there are no other issues with the braking system.
Symptoms of a compromised braking system:
- Again, squealing or grinding sounds coming from the wheel(s).
- Car pulls to the left or right when braking
- brake fluid present on the ground behind the wheel(s)
- drag sensation when accelerating
- spongy or mushy brake pedal
- car doesn’t stop as quickly or easily as you are accustom to
- clicking or ticking sounds when brake pedal is applied.
Regardless if you have disk or drum breaks, Carworks of Longmont is skilled in servicing all your vehicle’s brake needs. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms above, please stop by Carworks of Longmont, or give us a call today!